PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, February 7, 2014

The Pao's Maintenance: January 2014

This is one of the ongoing effort to keep track of expenses.

Money spent in Janaury 2014
Food and Treats: RM89.45
Veterinary and Medicine: RM85.21 RM40.21
Accessories and Miscellaneous: RM31.90

TOTAL = RM146.56

Food
Apart from the usual purchase of chicken, carrots and other fruits and veges, we gave Zignature dog food a try at the price of RM52.25 ( after a 5% membership discount), which is also the bulk of food expenses for last month. No photo available since both my phone and camera decided to die on new year eve back in Dec 2013.  I bought the Zssetantial Formula, which is the only multi protein formula available, and to my surprise Teh Pao have no issues accepting it as her daily meals during our stay in my hometown for Chinese New Year celebration. I've yet to try the other single protein formula offered by this brand, but is very unlikely for me to try any since Teh Pao don't suffer from any food - related allergy, nor it is worth paying the same price for something which I can get 'em fresh.

This girl here would do anything for real yummy food

I personally do not like the idea of feeding Teh Pao kibble based diet due to health concern. She tend to drink a lot more water, but her urine can still be concentrated and her poop are either stinky, mushy and messy or all of the above. But then it is not possible for this household to cut out kibbles completely, so I'm trying to prepare her meal, fresh, rather than relying solely on commercial food.

Treat
Didn't buy any since we still have a packet of Sunday Pets Green Lipped Mussels, and a bag of Primal Turkey and Sardine Formula. Teh Pao had some beef and chicken jerky I made for her during Chinese New Year celebration.

Her Royal Fusiness's waistline after three days of CNY feasting...

Veterinary and Medicine
Teh Pao had a few episode of painful defecations, we made 2 visits to different vets which I mentioned here. We made another two follow up visits in January to make sure her anal gland is emptied and a quick check to make sure there are no complications. Since me and the current practice we go to right now have some mutual benefits ( I offer my area of service to the practice, and return they offer theirs), certain amount of the consultation and medication were waived in good faith. I am grateful not just because of the fees waived, but the ability of the vet to diagnose without further traumatizing my poor little Teh Pao, which is also one of the major reason that I decided to switch from our previous vet to the current one.

I bought a pill cutter from local pharmacy. I've also bought another box of Drontal Plus to deworm Dao Sah Pao during my trip back to hometown. Have another 2 tablets left and I'll use it on Teh Pao in March.

Accessories
I bought a set of paracord collar and leash at RM18.

Miscellaneous
Bought a floor mat at RM3.90 for Teh Pao to sleep on since she had been hoarding my room's toilet mat since we came back from CNY celebration instead of her own blanket.

Shedding season: This is just a small portion of fur I combed out from the itchy girl..

Renewed Teh Pao's license at the local council with the discounted price of RM10 ( 50% off for neutered dog).

We're experiencing sunny weather now, drastic change of weather before and after CNY. Teh Pao's allergy flare up like nobody business and I been trying my very best to keep things in control without the use of any drugs. It is also shedding season now, so imagine the amount of fur we have at home, they are everywhere, on the floor, on my bed, in our plate of food... basically everywhere. I try to brush Teh Pao's fur at least twice a day with furminator and so far so good, at least it wasn't as bad as our previous allergy + shedding seasons.

2 comments:

  1. 咦?新的一年,阿包的脸上好像长皱纹了........(阿包不要咬我,我只是想提点妳而已)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shhhhh!!! 表说那么大声,我没钱带她去打botox >_<

      Delete