PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Pao's Maintenance: December 2013

This is an ongoing effort to keep track on pet finance.

Money spent in December 2013
Food and Treats: RM154.60
Veterinary and Medicine: RM140 RM75.00
Accessories and Miscellaneous: RM25.00

TOTAL = RM254.60

Food
Apart from the usual fruits and veges, I bought another bag of chicken quarter for bone in meal to balance out Teh Pao's diet. Other food expenses comes from the two bags of Primal Freeze Dried Turkey and Sardine Formula, which I bought for Christmas and keeping the other bag for Chinese New Year to make raw feeding easier whenever I travel and able to bring Teh Pao along. 

Treat
I made another purchase from local retail that sells Sunday Pets' Freeze Dried Green Lipped Mussels at RM28 rather than the usual RM35, and a bag of Fish for Dogs Knotted Fish Skin Bone which cost RM16.05 after a membership discount.

Veterinary and Medicine
Teh Pao had issues pooping. It was painful, and she has difficulties in passing out stool, so off to the vet we goes. Her usual vet was closed at the time I was free, so I decided to go to our previous vet, which to our disappointment, was a total waste of time, petrol and money. I kind of regretted going back, it was a traumatized experienced for Teh Pao and we are now back to ground zero for vet visits and I need to re-train her again.

My butt ache when I poop

This vet from this large practice around this area had no idea of what is wrong despite all those invasive and non- invasive procedures made, couldn't come out with any conclusion, prescribed some pain killer and that's it. Not much information, basically he has no idea what is wrong with my dog despite those forceful restrain, and my Teh Pao was so afraid that she peed in the consultation room and on the consultation table, twice. Very bad experience and I've decided to avoid that practice now, although not entirely the vet's fault ( Teh Pao can be a jackass when it comes to vet visits) but it doesn't justify the action of just dispensing some pain medication and send us off without any explanation, treatment options or referrals.

That evil guy sodomized me with his finger

We then went to our usual practice the next day, but due to the traumatized experienced from the day before, our usual vet could not check her properly, but based on the symptoms and description, he prescribed us some medications and to observe Teh Pao for other signs and symptoms, including when she defecate, so I'm like a poop master right now. Charges was waived by our vet hence the strike out, and in return I help with some administration stuffs for him in his practice, since he is moving to another location, which is also nearby, but at a higher traffic area with more parking space.

I really hate vet visits.

Accessories
I bought a medium size Furminator brush at RM25. Been using it to brush Teh Pao's fur and very happy with it, strongly recommended for household with heavy shedding dogs.

Cost for treats would have been a wee bit higher if I bought the entire carton of frozen cow lungs imported from Aussie, but due to the limited space in mum's freezer and dad's well stocked freezer in hometown, I gave up the idea and still wincing from losing the good deal that comes in RM3/ KG ( usually it cost RM9.90/KG). I've also gave up the idea of getting a freezer to store Teh Pao's food, after the recent inflation ( AGAIN!!), and most importantly, electricity bills are getting so expensive these days, I just don't see the point of getting one, unless I am able to pull in a few other raw feeders staying around to split the cost of food and making some profit by selling homemade dehydrated dog treats or raw tripe ( which, by the way, is very difficult to get in this city). Will see how things goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment