PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, August 1, 2013

The PAO Maintenance: June & July 2013

This is an ongoing effort to keep track of the PAOs' expenses. I skipped last month mainly because I was away and left all record at home. Hence the summing up of expenses for both June and July 2013.

Money spent in June and July 2013:
Food and Treats: RM536 RM477
Veterinary and Medical: RM67.50
Accessories and Miscellaneous: RM35

TOTAL: RM638.50 RM579.50

Food and Treats
I spent roughly RM140 on commercial food back in June and July. A bag of 3lbs Holistic Blend Grain Free ( review coming up), some Merrick Grain Free both canned and dry food and a can of Now Grain Free dog food. These were bought ( mostly) during Pet World Malaysia, and the bag of Merrick Grain Free Duck Formula was bought later on for the convenience of my family in feeding Teh Pao during my absence.
 
Merrick canned food and Holistic Blend Grain Free

I went on a "shopping spree" back in June and early July when I was in my hometown, stocking up on red meat, namely local beef and buffalo's parts. Now that we've more than enough food to last us through not only in July, but also August and probably September too.

One of Teh Pao's recent meal: Buffalo's trachea + goat lungs

Since I mentioned making my own dog treats and chews in previous post, I've decided to file the expenses on buying meat/ parts under food expenses. Not that I buy anything specifically to turn into treats these days, I'll use what I have on hand and Teh Pao just love whatever comes out form the dehydrator.

Cow lungs sitting patiently in dehydrator waiting for a puff.

Cow, goat and buffalo's ligament and tendons turned into chews.

I sold off some tripe and calf liver to a few forumers, hence the strike out on the food expenses.

Veterinary and Medical
I deworm Teh Pao on average of every 6 months. Since it was quite some time I last deworm her, I spent RM7.50 for one and a half tablet of wormer. I've also bought another box of Heartgard Green because Heartgard was on offer and I thought of getting another box to cover the first half of 2014.

Accessories and Miscellaneous 
Well, I've only bought one toy in the past few months and that's the Kong Cozie Raindeer now renamed Buckley.


No comments:

Post a Comment