PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Pao's Maintenance: September 2014

This is an ongoing effort to keep track of pet finance.

Money spent in September 2014
Food and Treats: RM129.15 RM126.75
Veterinary and Medicine: N/A
Accessories and Miscellaneous: RM4.00

TOTAL = RM133.15 RM130.75

FOOD AND TREATS
All the expenses in previous months are mainly about food and food supplies, September is no difference from previous months.

Apart from the usual purchases of beef, carrots and green peas, I bought some green lipped mussels and free range chicken from local stores to supplement Teh Pao's food source. I've lost quite a number of my home raised chickens in the past few months mainly due to pest attack ( wild boar!!) and some I culled them because they're badly injured from fighting or too sick, and it is inhumane to load them with drugs and let them suffer any further.

I've also started to add in some boiled mussels in Teh Pao's diet in recent weeks, they're good source of anti- inflammatory for her skin issues, and Teh Pao loves these little things.

Other than that, I've also stock up quite a bit of salmon skin from a friend who sells sashimi and other seafood supplies. These made great treats when dehydrated or grilled in oven, or great comfort food during rainy nights for Her Royal Fusineness.

On the last day of September I made an impulse purchase in local pet retail, getting a bag of 1.36Kg Addiction Wild Kangaroo and Apples at the discounted price of RM45.60 ( UP: RM48.00) hence the strike out above. During Teh Pao's puppyhood, Addiction Wild Kangaroo series is one of the many dog food brands I've bought and satisfied with. Being a student who was studying in A Level I was on very tight budget, so when our vet decided to stop selling Addiction due to some delivery issues, I stopped buying.

There are still some Merrick Duck and Potato formula left from previous purchase, which was months ago. I know, I know, kibbles go terribly slow in this household, but hey, they're meant to be given on lazy- meal- day! We're finishing it soon, which is one of the reason I grab that bag of Addiction ( and it is still sitting on pet food shelves, nice and safe).


Didn't buy any commercial treat these days, made a batch of dehydrated chews and treats the other day, and resorted to boiled liver since Her Royal Fusiness decided not to take raw organs again.

ACCESSORIES AND MISCELLANEOUS
I renewed my membership card with Pet Lover Center at RM4.00. Putting this under pet finance for obvious reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment