PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, March 3, 2014

The Pao's Maintenance: February 2014

We have 28 days in February, I am being a little sentimental today.

Money spent in February 2014:
Food and Treats: RM238.40
Veterinary and Medicine: N/A
Accessories and Miscellaneous: N/A

TOTAL = RM238.40

Entire expenses in February are food. The bulk of the expenses is the bag of 13Kg Orijen Adult Dog which cost RM208, and it was sold by a friend below his cost ( and I accepted) to make him feel better for some small petty things I did. I have awesome friends, no doubt about that, after all I wasn't expecting any returns for favours ( if one can even count that as a favour) done. Other than that, it is the usual greens and fruits, an organic pork tail  and notably a milk bone as treat for Teh Pao. We are well stocked for March.

Been more than 2 years I last bought any of these milk bone.
Look at the excitement!

Teh Pao allergy flare up since last month, and we been battling with it with home remedies rather than relying on drugs, but then things got out of control, so she got a couple days of Prednisolone 5mg to ease things up a little. Air quality is turning from bad to worse, and I suppose both of us suffer to a certain degree. Teh Pao's coat became dry and rough, although still shiny, and that is not a very good sign. I'm pretty sure it is because of the amount of dust + pollen in the air ( which she is allergic to both), and putting her on kibble based diet might be a contributory factor. Apart from her anal gland which needed to be manually emptied on regular basis, she is otherwise happy. We have had our ups and downs together, I am grateful, although Teh Pao sometimes can be quite a handful dog, and living in tropical country it is the least fortunate news to have when her vet told me she has atopy ( environmental allergy), but life sucks, and we just got to buckle up and look for the best.


This coming November will mark the 4th year she is with us, and it hit me how much has changed since I met her. There is no regret, I might had to give up a lot of things and opportunity, but I am glad I found her just as she found me, keeping my sanity in check, constantly ticking that humanity which I buried deep down somewhere before I actually lose control of myself. I was a bitter person, and still am, I guess I've open up a little since she join our household. Met a friend, also a junior back in high school, she noted the huge changes we last seen each other. She said I was cruel, cold and scary back then, on a few occasions where everyone was not keen on training for competitions, all the leader have to do is to give me a ring ( or pretended to ring me), members would have automatically fall in and get themselves trained, many still feared me despite leaving school.. I think I was a terrorist in school, probably worse than devil himself. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment