PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The PAOs' Maintenance: June 2012

June 2012 wasn't too kind to me, at least not to my wallet. Been on self- funded business travel between KL - Perak, thus the PAOs had to rely on processed food again. Well, yes, they do suffered from seperation anxiety when I have to be away for more than a week.

Monthly average for the PAOs' expenses as per June 2012:
Food: RM253.90
Treats: RM 49.45
Veterinary & Medical: RM40.00
Accessories & Miscellany: N/A


Total Monthly Expenses= RM323.35

The PAOs' expenses for June hiked up a little. Should be able to deal better with the cost of food though. Food wise, I bought some fresh chicken & greens from local supermarket on separate occasion that cost RM4.89/Kg, that came with a total of RM54.50. On one of my short break from business travel, I manage to give a try in feeding the PAOs' with fresh fishes bought from fish monger at RM13.40, which Dao Sah Pao is much more tolerant to the idea of having fresh, raw fishes as daily meal compared to Teh Pao. While away, the PAOs had to deal with processed food, which I personally do not usually buy unless necessary. Bought a pack of 2.5Kg Arden Grange Salmon & Rice which was on sales for RM50, then later another bag of 7Kg Orijen at RM136 from the PAOs' vet. Food expenses alone for this month is slightly higher due to my absence since no one else at home willing to spend that extra time preparing fresh food for the PAOs.


Treat wise, I spent a little extra mainly due to market survey. Manage to grab a pair of fresh pork ear and a pork knuckle at a total of RM4.45 from Kuchai Lama NSK Hypermarket. The PAOs loved the pork ear a lot since I grilled and smoked 'em in one of our family BBQ party. Tried a bag of 150g Nature's 1 Puffed Venison Treats from Pet Lovers' Center in Bangsar on one of my market survey trip there for RM25. Very much happy with the quality of the content although price wise is not that proportionate. I'm suppose to cut down expenses on treats this month but I couldn't resist the temptation during Pet World Malaysia 2012 which was held in Midvalley, got 2 packet of 30g Real Treats ( human grade chicken jerky stripe for dogs) at RM5 each, and a bag of 200g Oven Baked Bacon & Pumpkin flavor at RM10, hence the extra expenditure on treats for the PAOs. Wasn't satisfied with the quality of Oven Baked treats although they do carry a certain standard in terms of their kibbles, but Real Treats Chicken Jerky is awesome, the PAOs helped themselves to an opened packet which I left in my bag.


Nature's 1 Puffed Venison


June 2012 been a roasting oven for everyone, weather was hot and dry, of which Teh Pao suffered most due to her allergy. Had to hop her in for an appointment with the vet and got some prescription of Prednisolone 5mg to control her itch and Aurocef 250mg for the inflammation on skin caused by her scratch. Total damage was RM40.00, still manageable since the medication did helped to put Teh Pao's allergy under control, and according to one of the phone conversation I had with my younger brother, she was happy since then.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment