PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Paos' Maintenance: August 2014

This is an ongoing effort to keep track of pet finance.

Money spent in August 2014
Food and Treats: RM38.60
Veterinary and Medical: RM140 RM113
Accessories and Miscellaneous: N/A

TOTAL = RM178.60 RM151.60

I was away for the past 2.5 months, took the opportunity to scout for authentic and "exotic"stuffs in hometown ( other towns I passed by).

Food wise, bought 1 KG of freshly grounded tumeric powder from an Indian acquaintance at RM15. He sells home made spices, in small quantity, quality assured. He ground the spices according to orders, and a little extra here and there just in case anyone came by to buy. I was there when he started grounding the dried tumeric, it is all manual work, so yeah, took quite some time, but it is worth the wait.

Down side about these home made ( or in this case, home ground) stuffs, they need to be stored in refrigerator. I'm getting this for Teh Pao, tumeric helps with the itches, so yeah, I'm stocking up a wee bit.
Tumeric powder ( known in Bahasa Malaysia as "Kunyit")

Then I bought some quail eggs and a duck egg from farmer's market for some change instead of the usual chicken eggs. Teh Pao loves quail eggs, so she gets it on special occasion ( ie. when she practices good recalls).

Cow tripe + quail eggs = HEAVENLY!

Other than that, I bought a 1.5KG tub of plain yoghurt, and a tray of Aussie beef from local supermarket. These pretty much summed up the total cost spent for food and treats.

Veterinary and Medical
I bought another 2 boxes of Heartgard Green ( expires Jan 2016) at the price of RM113 instead of the usual RM140 ( RM70 each). It is not ordinary discount but rather a "discount" in exchange for some insignificant paperworks done for the vet. He is a great guy, and I'm happy to render some favour here and there since he too sometimes help out with the costing of the rescues I brought in, but he made it a point that the "discount" I'm getting for preventive medicine is considered a pay so that neither party feels being taken advantage off, so I accepted it.

So we're well stocked for 2015. I'm planning to stock up Heartgard for the following year before the implementation of GST ( which, obviously, will force our wallet and bank balance to go on further diet).

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeap, fresh, raw eggs. I prefer to get from farmers' market or conventional grocery stores where I'm allowed to pick and choose the eggs rather than getting from supermarket. ;)

      Delete