PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Pao's Maintenance: July 2014

This is an ongoing effort to keep track of pet finance.

Money spent in July 2014
Food and Treats: RM10.00
Veterinary and Medical: N/A
Accessories and Miscellaneous: N/A

TOTAL = RM10.00 ONLY

July was another month I didn't spent much on Teh Pao, mainly because I am in my hometown and don't get to see her often. The RM10 was for a cow kidney, and some muscle meat, the old butcher had retired in May, and his son took over, but that young chap is kind enough to throw in a free trachea as token for old time sake.

Bloody dog food

Teh Pao, on the other hand, was put on kibble based diet ( Merrick Duck & Potatoes, bought in June) during my absent. That doggy odour is back, her skin was horribly sore from all the scratches and her fur are rough and dry compared to the times when she was having fresh, raw diet. Mum came last week, knowing I missed Teh Pao terribly, she brought that spoilt, rotten dog of mine along, and we both had quality time together during that 5 days.

Of course, Teh Pao got some proper raw meal during that 5 days stay with me in this little town.

Other than that, I got a bag of mackerels from a client/ family friend as gift. This uncle owns a factory, freezing top grade mackerels and other sea foods then exports to Japan. That bag of mackerels served as a week meal for the humans and dogs at home. 
Goodies bag

Before I left home, freezer is still full of dog food, and some frozen yoghurt treats in little paper cups, and with the 13Kg bag of Merrick Grain free bought in June, I believe we're well stocked for August. I do plan to do some shopping from local butchers, mainly to stock up on certain parts ie. fresh green tripes, kidneys, tracheas and other "exotic" parts because it is more cost effective and easy to get here ( hey! I get to watch the whole process of slaughtering and cleaning of a cow) than in the city. Lets see what are the deals I manage to strike in coming month's budgeting.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Lily & Edward, I'm sure both of you too have yummy meals :D

      Delete
  2. My girl is on kibbles plus some raw meat and bone or chicken feet at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orijen carries pretty good range and they're tasty too ( but pricing not good hehehe). Switching to raw already ah? :D

      Delete