PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Food stuff bought on voting day

So I did went back to hometown to cast my vote, although disappointingly, value and quality of our politicians are often questionable. Money politics, racial cards, threats of May 13, 1969.. blah blah. Come on, when will these politicians grow up? Anyway, I prefer not to bring too much of political issues into this blogspace. 

Today is about food stuff I manage to get during my short trip ( 24 hours to be exact), and visited my darling Dao Sah Pao.

Sweet Dao Sah Pao, still the darling of my heart.

 
This young boy here is new to the pack.
Was a stray but a very nice and enthusiastic boy. You can literally feel the happiness flowing with this boy around, he is very friendly and loves cuddles. I plan to have him vaccinated and neutered in a month or two.

More photo on Dao Sah Pao


Food wise, got some wild tapioca from dad's farm.
These are just part of the harvest which the Cambodian worker helped ( me) to dig out. That guy probably making fun of me when I spent close to two hours digging and pulling out small tiny tapioca initially, but he is a nice guy, with language barrier ( speaks only Khmer), he offered to help and we got a full guni sack of wild tapioca.

More than three quarter was shared with all the workers. I took the remaining back to grandparents house and divided into three equal share, photo showed is only one out of three boxes ( which I brought home), the rest were given to my grandparents and staffs working in the office.

I was lucky too, because one of the Malay neighbor slaughtered a cow on voting day.
Knowing I feed raw, he kept and sold me parts that he don't feel comfortable eating, or had too much but too little space to store in freezer.

I got
A pair of large cow's ear, nicely skinned, for RM1 each.

Huge chunk of raw green tripe at RM10
and some cow's lungs with trachea intact for RM6

He offered more parts, including fresh meat at a very affordable price but I didn't bring my icebox along ( wasn't expecting any perishables) so I had to turn down the offer.

I was told to expect more parts around Ramadan ( fasting month), especially goat and lamb ( YAY!!). I really need to stash up extra cash, because I will need to get myself a chest freezer soon, and to buy those goodies.

On other hand, dad bought a new camera and gave me his old Sony Cybershot which is still working, although not perfectly but more than enough to get a picture. Probably will be taking photo with it rather than my old phone - Sony Ericsson K800i.

No comments:

Post a Comment