PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Food Growing...

Been a month I have them.
Red Jungle Fowl is growing, confirmed a pair.

This is Jibby, the male Red Jungle Fowl. Very greedy feller.

And this is just one of the remaining six Malay chicks I have.

Lost four, three due to disease and cold ( light bulb burnt middle of night and they caught flu), one due to accident ( poor thing was accidentally stepped on). They're growing.

Basically I feed them grains ( dried corns, mixture of rejected grains and rice...etc), sometimes some kitchen leftovers that mum think is okay to give it to them ( she used to take care of chickens during childhood), I suppose it is okay. Usually they're let out to to run and roam free in the garden, strange enough these chicks stay only on the grassy area, which makes cleaning very much easier for me. I believe they get some extra protein supply from the ground by digging for earthworms and caterpillar other than those tiny little ikan bilis ( kitchen leftovers). Good for them, I'm happy, 'cuz in another two month or so I'll get to harvest the remaining six chicks. As for the pair of Red Jungle Fowl, I do plan to keep 'em as pet.

Teh Pao is stil afraid of those tiny, fast moving chicks.

But they'll soon discover the horror that she eats chicken! XD

2 comments:

  1. 结果,阿包看到小鸡,是不是会吓到躲在桌子下?

    不知道我家黑黑怕不怕鸡.....好想看到它怕到半死的样子!:O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 阿包想她未来的食物做朋友,可是那只叫阿jibby的很凶,常常等其他的小鸡靠近阿包一起玩的时候就飞出来tiong她。。结果每次阿包就怕得要死

      Delete