PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

More junk food

I got to admit, buying animal spare parts ( usually pork and chicken) is quite an interesting tasks. Price wise, they can either be really expensive in certain places, or dirt cheap. I'm lucky, my college located along Chinatown, where the wet market for locals ( usually food operators around) is just a few minutes walk away using those small little side lanes ( I mean shortcuts). I manage to get the whole set of pork tongue including the throat and trachea for RM3 each, irregardless of the size. So if you were to ask me, I would say that is the best bargain I've came across so far, and pork tongue and whatever that comes with it served good chewing/ cleaning for the PAOs. Best part about the wet market there- the butchers, once they got to know you after a few visits, they are more than willing to keep these spare parts ( which usually ends up rotten because demands are not there) in refrigerators/ freezer until you pay them a visit after classes which is usually in the late afternoon to pick 'em up. No extra cost. ;)

 
Parts, believe they are part of the throat..

So what happens to the throat ( whatever you call that piece of thing)? The tongues were fed as muscle meat, dehydrated trachea turned into treats, that piece of bone like thingy ( throat) usually ends up in the freezer, and served on a hot/ sunny afternoon for the PAOs to chew. After Teh Pao broke a tooth while chewing on a frozen kong, I removed all toys that may damage their teeth, so now they just have to stick to fresh, edible "toys".


I'm glad the PAOs love 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment