PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Brief updates before taking a break..

Well, I'm taking a break for the next few day, won't be home nor connect to any gadgets, not until the end of this week.

2012 August Happening Worldwide:
London Olympic's badminton, men, single, final, China did it again. Was indeed disappointed but then already expected the outcome, although deep down inside I still hope Dato' Lee Chong Wei to grab the Gold for Malaysia. But it was an awesome match, close shot, I'm still proud of him.

Happenings at home:
The PAOs are coping well with my working schedule, Teh Pao was a bit reluctant to leave house once it is dark outside, she prefer to stay indoor with my rubbing her belly or play fetch, I had to carry her out for the first 2 days. Now she get the idea, and will be waiting by the gate with Dao Sah Pao once I'm home and done with dinner.

Kids staying nearby been playing with firecrackers lately, I now suspect Dao Sah not only suffer from behavioral problem- chewing, but also fear of loud noise, particularly thunder and firecrackers. Spoke to the PAOs' vet and he said it is too a possibilities. So now that explains Dao Sah's howling and destructive behavior on not- so- peaceful nights. On the good side, most of us at home have already took precaution of not leaving our shoes or sandals on places where Dao Sah can reach, so damage control is still manageable. I don't think I need to put Dao Sah Pao on any drugs, not yet, considering the chances of getting thunder storm in Malaysia, let alone Klang Valley is so rare. Other than that, I think I might be pampering both the PAOs way too much. Dao Sah Pao been refusing her food lately, she wants food, my food from my plate, or treats, just not her ordinary food ( forgot to mention it, we're mainly on fresh food, that would mean raw feeding, or at least home cooked whenever I'm at home, otherwise would be high quality kibbles). Today is the third day she is on strike, showing that I-blame-you face to me whenever I serve her her portion of food; Teh Pao has no issues when it comes to food, only thing is that she is way too helpful sometimes, polishing Dao Sah Pao's share when Dao Sah refused the food and walked away. I think I'll have to exercise the "take it or nothing" rule again.


As for Teh Pao, apart from the enthusiasm towards food, her allergy flare up again, this time still manageable though giving her Prednisolone 5mg will solve the issues immediately.. but I wasn't that keen about the idea of filling her with drugs at such young age, especially when I notice that lower dosage doesn't work on her any longer. So now the plan is to wipe her with apple cider vinegar diluted with water everytime after our night walk, mainly because she loves to do her business in bushy area, and Baldy Grass ( or better known as Lalang in Malay) is the main culprit. One of my focus is to avoid going to anywhere bushy, but then Teh Pao will hold on her urine and poops, and will refuse to do her business anywhere without bushes, which is a bad thing. Worse still, having a hot and humid weather here with strong winds doesn't really help even when I keep her completely indoor and only let her out a briefly as I can for potty sessions, so I quit doing that and just let her enjoy her beloved sunshine. Allergy is all about management, and we did ok lately, although I do aim to do better with Teh Pao's condition.


Had also bought a can of Go! canned food for the PAOs to try out. Price wise, still affordable, though it is at the higher side, but then I suppose quality wise I pay for what I get, so no complain. We've tried the other range of this food, that time Teh Pao wasn't that keen with it, but that was when she was being a fussy prick, so doesn't really count. Shall write about this later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment