PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The PAOs Maintainance: April 2012

Well, it is funny that people think I have easy access to any financial source, as if I grew my very own money trees. How irony can it be while others at my age are spending off their FaMa Sponsorship whereas here at this particular point in life, I'm struggling to earn enough to keep myself and the PAOs on a reasonable living standard. Well, at least I manage not to get anyone starved, so that means keeping track of my expenses, especially on the PAOs are necessary.

Monthly average for the PAOs expenses as per April 2012:
Food: RM244
Treats: RM22
Veterinary & Medical: RM98
Accessories & Miscellany: RM30
Total Monthly Expenses:RM394

Food wise, decided to get kibbles, not just any crap but quality kibbles for the PAOs. Perhaps it would be good to have the PAOs to get use to eating kibbles rather than relying solely on home-cooked or raw feeding. I'm running out of time, and final is approaching. Two purchased puffed up the food expenses, bought a bag of 13.6Kg Taste of The Wild Wetlands Canine Formula cost RM180 after discount, and a small pack of Annamaet Manitok weighing at 2.64kgat RM64. For a change perhaps, but was slightly disappointed with the quality of Annamaet, found some hair- like stuff sticking out from the kibbles.


Both the PAOs enjoyed their new diet, especially Taste of the Wild. Price and quality wise, not bad, after all it is quite affordable for this range of quality. Had more than half from the bag of 13.6Kg left for this month ( May).

I'm not willing to compromise the quality of life, not even the quality of treats for the PAOs. Went grocery shopping with mum before she left for vacation, bought a small slice of pumpkin and a bag of carrots, at round up figure, they cost about RM6.


Steamed pumpkin and carrots slices are always the PAOs favorite afternoon home-made treats. Eggs are luxury for them considering that their owner ( Me!) hardly takes any eggs unless mum decided to be generous ( of which she did!), gave an egg and a few slices of broccoli to the PAOs. Praise mum for her generosity!

Spent another RM16 on processed treats ( I know! I know!) in Pet Safari from Ikano. 100g Fish4Dogs at RM16, claimed it is 100% fish skin, hah hah! As usual, the PAOs eat almost everything and anything, and they go crazy with the scent of the fish treats. Finished the entire bag on Labor Day itself... Talking about food to the PAOs huh?

As for veterinary bill, well, it was Teh Pao's annual booster shot, so there it goes RM40 RM20 for the 9 in 1 vaccination. Our lady here took her shot with pride this time, no more whining, kicking and biting, all thanks to Jessy the Vet Assistance whom she loved most ( Yes! I know! Teh Pao is a racist bugger!), distracting her with toys and some blings blings. Hah hah!

I got discounted price ( I think it is actually a loss since it is much lower than his cost price) from the vet because I check in for "work" occasionally when the vet needed help ( yes, and because I stay very close by, he will call me for any emergency cases.), so favor for favor, hence the difference of price above. Bought a box heartgard for the PAOs since I ran out of supply at home, box of 6 pieces cost RM66, which is quite competitive compared to petshops around. Have decided to get most supplies from the vet now, mainly because of the competitive price offered. Picked up some of Teh Pao's medication too, to control her allergy.

Teh Pao lazing on my bed with my blanket. Cozy life eh?

Had to make another trip to vet a week right after Teh Pao's vaccination to have Dao Sah Pao spayed. Since she is adopted from the vet itself, they offered to have her spayed and vaccinated at no cost for me, well of course with hours of waiting ( considering that the vet has quite a number of appointments with limited staff) before he is able to attend and has Dao Sah Pao admitted in the surgery list. So spared me the expenses which I manage to saved and placed in the PAO's budget for upcoming months, hopefully not an adventurous one ahead.

That's Dao Sah Pao in her food bowl/ helmet, the night before getting spayed.

I know, I know, Dr. Dev been very generous on me. So on the very same evening I went to pick up Dao Sah Pao, to my myself feel good I bought a Kong toy for the ladies at a discounted price of RM30.


Think it is cheap to keep a dog eh? Now you gotta think twice now..





No comments:

Post a Comment