PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, December 11, 2009

What I have been up to...

Had been working like a dog lately, basically I spend most of the time in office and travelling ( thx to traffic jam!). Start to feel the stress now, I wonder how did I manage to handle so many activities and spent most of the time running all sorts of activities, functions, duties...etc during high school days without the need for a break. I miss those days!! *sob*

Three years down the road, everything changed. Guess nobody would ever expect to end up in such a state where you once held the glory and authority over anything and almost everything. I'm still confused, fear never left me, not even a second; everywhere I go whatever I do, deep down inside there'll always be a voice telling me to stop it and stay where you are and be what you were. I'm not the type of person who can go anywhere, joke around and get away with it. For some strange reasons ( I never knew why) my presence always inspired fear, not only to myself but people around.

Was in Cold Storage Solaris last weekend to cover an event and sales. Nice place, nice food and most importantly, people there are quite nice compared to other places/ outlets. I never knew I would meet people who share the same idea and same point of view towards this world. Customers treat everybody ( be it a random strangers or the staff) equally, the form of respect and manners for every single individual can hardly be seen in most of my social circles, I wonder why. Though I was there to cover the launch and sales of a over-priced product, people there surprised me with their positive attitude. When the you approached the customers, they would always spare that 2 to 3 minutes to listen to your explanation, made enquiries on the product, try 1 if they are interested or take a brochure if they are not, share some other information/ knowledge's which they read/ learnt somewhere else and ( from what I notice) will always end the interactions with a smile and some encouraging words. How often do we reject any form of approach from promoters in supermarket without a sincere smile and the word " Thank you"? or giving them a chance to share their knowledge on certain products? What more some encouraging words ( i.e. " it's a very good/ interesting presentation", " keep it up") even though you don't intend to buy the product? =/

Left the office job and joining the event and sales team. Well, meeting people is a dreadful task, but I enjoy the working environment and the challenges in sales as well as the exposure. =D Well, guess that's a good start for a new life and it's time to wave bye bye to my depressive state.

Off to bed now, tomorrow will be my day in Mont Kiara, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment