PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Pao's Maintenance: October 2014

This is an ongoing effort to keep track of pet finance.

Money Spent in October 2014
Food and Treats: RM40.00
Veterinary and Medicine: RM70.00
Accessories and Miscellaneous: N/A

TOTAL = RM110.00

Food and Treats
Last month I didn't spend much on food. Trying to clear freezer for routine cleaning, and also because I been hoarding from mum's kitchen ( she bought 15 chickens!), Teh Pao is the sole beneficiary of the meat trims and organs from all the poultry and beef. I just need to get some red meat from local stores and butcher to make up the muscle meat. By time I'm writing this, we've just finish the green tripe which I bought monthssss ago from hometown, have lots of bone in meal mainly chicken carcass/ feet, cow kidneys, some wildboar trims and lots of bishop nose ( from mum's chicken). I bought a pair of pig ears that comes with the rest of the head for RM5, which includes the snout and quite a lot of meat. I also bought an entire pork hand ( comes with huge chunk of muscle meat attached) mainly for Teh Pao's birthday. Didn't buy any store bought treats, I been dehydrating the pig ears and snout as chews.



Veterinary and Medicine
October wasn't very kind to us, first Teh Pao suffered from head injury which leads to minor infection, a walk in vet visit and some antibiotics cost me RM48. When I started to rejoice on the recovery, her allergy flared up so badly that we have another walk in to the vet and that trip cost RM22 with 2 strips of Prednisolone, lucky for me, vet waived the consultation for this trip and charges only for the drugs.


1 comment:

  1. If anyone ever knew how many pennies mom spent with only vet bills they would pass out. You gotta love us
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete