PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, October 31, 2014

Farewell October, I won't miss you

Last day of October, what a relieve.

October this year had never been kind to me nor Teh Pao. First I had some mishap ( from falling off stairs at home, to being knocked down by car), while Teh Pao suffered from regular allergy, then on separate occasion her allergy flared up so badly that this is seriously the first time her anus was all red from licking and vulva swelled up. I had to grab her and rush, literally, to our vet immediately without formal appointment ( my vets go on appointment basis, and yes, without appointment means we had to wait).




After the allergy episode, Teh Pao somehow got herself a punctured wound on her head. According to witnesses, some kids from nearby neighbourhood did that because they didn't like Teh Pao barking while they "hang out" around this few houses.



It started off with a really minor and small punctured wound, but the horror came after 2 days, blood oozing, and it smelled, took Teh Pao for another vet visit and there is small fragment of broken metal in the wound itself!! I was pretty upsad, because initially I thought that was one off case, until another mutt living few doors away suffered from similar injury. I filed a report to the Residence Association, Community Policing and some concerned neighbours went around to spread words within neighbourhood to alert everyone. Well, some are just concern and worried of possible break- in, since those kids came from low cost housing area which is not too far away from here ( there were histories of them sniffing gums and committing petty theft), while others are way more concern about the well being of Teh Pao ( yes! yes! I know! people knew Teh Pao better than they knew me, I'm just Teh Pao's owner).


So after some "procedure" at the vet and more drugs, Teh Pao came home with a 2cm diameter wound. I had to clean that wound twice a day, before and after work. Oh, that was almost 10 days ago, now it has healed, leaving a bald spot on her head. On the bright side, she don't seem to feel pain throughout the course of healing, which was a relieve, and her popularity within the neighbourhood is so remarkable that she got home made treats and food from well wishing neighbours. ** Hey! Nobody knew my name except " Teh Pao's Owner". I'm jealous now. lol**

Anyway, her birthday is coming soon, I think I should get something nice for this spoilt, rotten dog of mine.

1 comment:

  1. We are dealing with severe allergies too. Poor baby feel better
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete